May 28, 2001

Today was the greatest day of the year. Father daughter fishing day. It rained. The wind blew, a lot. It was cold. It was wet. And we didnt catch anything but perch, so we threw em all back. But still, it was the best day of the year. We sat, fished, drank beer, ate samiches, and talked about everything and anything. Its the only time my dad an I actually talk. I dont mean hows the weather stuff either. I told him I dont want to go to med school, that I dont want to be a doctor, and that Im thinking about getting a masters in teaching, then work for a private school. I also told him that I dont know either. The best part is, he supports me. He actually doesnt care what I do. As long as I do something. Its nice. I could never have a day like this with my mother. So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment