May 25, 2001

Here's me up all nite coz I can't sleep, tossing and turning in bed till 6:30 am when I can't stand it anymore and need to get my ass up. Could be the first time I've been up for morning classes on a friday this semester. Wake the boyfriend up at 7 and walk around in a half daze together getting ready for work and school (respectively). Here we are at quarter to 8 hitting the tim horton's on the way to school because the rule is at his work in his department if you're late you can bring coffee from timmies and effectively get out of even having to explain why you were late. Probably will show up and find the other two guys in his department bringing coffee in later this morning. Here's me listening to the radio (still in a half daze) in timmies parking lot, local radio station, where they tell me that all classes at my school could be cancelled because a generator blew during some sort of upgrade, one person sent to hospital. And I probably shouldn't be so happy to be home already at 8:15 am with an iced cappucino because some poor guy got exploded. I'm sure the karmic repercussions for this will be grand, oh wait, I think I already felt them.

Dad's going on some new meds because during a stress test they found out he has angina now - the positive side (apparently) is they figured out where in his heart he had his heart attacks (which he didn't feel, incidentally, because of his diabetes, and because of which he had a triple bypass 3 years ago), and these meds they'll put him on will stop his chest pain he still has apparently. They also want to do a bypass of his arteries in his legs so his feet will get better circulation; again due to diabetes his feet have had to have about 7 surgeries to cut infections out and he's already had his baby toe taken off. He's 43. But he never complains. Being strong, that's what dads are for I think. There's a crow crying outside my door right now. I don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment