May 29, 2001



Interaction




[7:32pm]

Ahem. This post is coming straight to you all from a notebook i am currently writing on. That's right, this is first being produced an a notepad. Ha...who needs a computer.

Actually, the only reason why i am writing in this notebook is because my roommate is using my computer to type up a report.

Anyway, back to my post. I haven't had a chance to post lately because I have been working on a PowerPoint Presentation on Keel-Billed toucans. Also, Loose Slugs wasn't working anyway.

I was sitting on the bus today, coming home from giving that PowerPoint Presentation and I was minding my own business, when this large gentlemen sat down nearby me. He had square-lensed glasses, wiry gray hair, and a crocked smile. I didn't pay him much attention other than that though. I was busy thinking of how I was going to do my take home quiz, final paper, and two finals on the same day.

I had my CD player running, and my headphones on in effect shutting me out from the bus environment, so that I could concentrate on the things i needed to accomplish that day. As i sat there thinking and letting the audio waves flow into my ear, I began to notice the man motion toward me. I took off my headphones...

"Can I listen to that CD?"

A started look crept upon my face. Was he really serious? I looked at that man. He looked back, a childlike innocence covered his life-beaten face.

"Uhm...sure if you want..."

I handed the man my headphones. For the next thirty seconds, I watched as he struggled to get the headphones on correctly. They were difficult for him because he did not realize that they were "Behind-the-Ear" headphones. Watching the naive man struggle was quite captivating, if only from a psychological and nonhumorous way. And so, he sat there listening to my CD player.

This is exactly why riding the buses tend to weird my out.

Still, it was quite interesting, because how often do you run into a person willing to disturb a person listening to msic, and thus shutting himself out from the world temporarily, and how often would that person actually ask to listen to whatever you were listening to.

Interesting, no?

MOnDO25

No comments:

Post a Comment