May 28, 2001

Ahh the day of monday has begun .... I dub thee MONDAY ~~~ !@

I started working on Adam last night, it was very interesting. I began by talking about the history of mankind as being a bunch of mean apes relentlessly assaulting and killing one another. Then I talked about how beliefes can make people become willing slaves {gave historical examples with the romans and how the gods have this heirarchy which makes the idea so natural why would people question being lorded over ?.. or christian ideas for instance} ... I then took Adam to a supermarket and showed him the anthropomorphic dog toys and explained how we can infer a large degree of stupidity in the country based on the existance of such things..He told me about how he hates his job and his education, and how he has been severly depressed with life... I know Adam has a lot of faith in science and so I explained to him that science is only 12 generations old and can't have yet reached any real conclusions, and how philosophy is over 5,000 years old so there must be something to it...We then went out for coffee and then I started with the real big guns... I first attacked him with designed evolution plans I.E. In accordance with evolutionary theory we can infer that animals which are less dependant on the particulars of the environment for survival are more likely to survive and multiply over the whole of the earth... I then talked about how mankind is now independant of it's environment {for the most part} and so evironment can no longer affect the evolution of our species ... I then explained how the human brain capacity as not increased for over six thousand years... I then talked about how an animal which is genetically pre-disposed to mimic the behavior {ideals} of those which it identifies as its elders {without ever thinking on them} is more apt to survive and have children and hence how we might think of human beings as MEAT ROBOTS....I then challenged all of his beliefes and proved to him that he does not know at all why he believes them... I then took a container of coffee creamer and shook it next to his ear and ask him if he knew ot was full of creamer... {You can hear it in there.} I said, he eventually agreed that he does not and can not know if there is anything in the container.... Then I tackled him with not knowing or caring about anything real, because he only cares about a group of abstractions which he projected onto all the things around him {car, reebok pump, ect ... } and then showed him something real for the first time and forced him to realize that he can only know that he exists when he realizes the reality of existing things around him {and does not commit obscuration by abstract dismissal } and that he can identify with these things because the are in being and that one can live in being.... I then took a coffee creamer and I said {THIS IS ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE GOT} and then I poured it into my coffee and said {NOW IT"S GONE} and then I forced him to realize that he only has X amount of time to exist in being....I explained to him the significance of tribal dance as an emotional re-inactment of the hunt and a significant expression of what human life is for the dancer, how the dance captures his pain and his victory and how beautyful the thing is...And that this dance is significant because the tribesman exists in being and has authentic life experience {not plastic abstractions}.. I touched on authentic experience and emotion for a while and then started with marxs ideas about man as abstract machine {I did the motions of a lumber stacker right in the middle of the store and said "what am I ?" } ... I then explained how dances where the motions are abstracted from the meaning and people just practice meaningless contractions of their muscles {to the point of perfection} and this was truly a ridiculous activity....then I got into the idea of {GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS IN GENERAL } ...Then I showed him the action of dropping things in the middle of some place and explained the ridiculous idea of that motion being an insult {then I flipped him off and he started to laugh histarically}... Then I explained the great arrow of human progress as being nothing more than a bunch of people are marching in the same direction and none of them having any personal life experience.... All in all he told me he would like to come with us some friday ..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment