October 22, 2001

I'm pretty sure no one reads my posts, or gives a damn, but oh well. This is how my weekend went...

I got back, just a half hour ago. I had a great weekend. :) I met these two Finish guys at the hostel I was staying at. (yes hostel, not hotel) They spoke english very well. They were in Gothemburg doing construction work for about two weeks or so. They get the weekends off.heehehee... they were both very handsome, blond blue/green eyed and were somewhat muscle bound. Not to the point where it's like 'eeewwyyy!' but so that they were very sexual you might say in that way. They spoke Finish sometimes, and I think it is a very beautiful language. Better than english and swedish. I found out quite sometime ago that the finish language is totally unique among the languages of the world. None other is quite like ot or even simular and they are constantly getting new words in the language. I'm happy I'm learning swedish and not the finish though, it's REALLY complicated. *smiles* Anyway, back to the boys, There names were Ostin and Pete. Ostin is 21, and he is two centimeters taller than me, but I still like him. Pete is 22 and is well over 6 feet tall... and about 93 kilos, I'm 55 kilos. Anyway, they are both very polite, nice, love music, they were just jolly fun to be around. I went to a lot of shops in Gothemburg, though I didn't really get much cause I was almost broke. LOL... I went to the inlet area, Gothemburg is by the sea, and saw a pretty ship. There were thousands of people on the streets Saturday, and I stayed with my host sister Anna Korin so I wouldn't get lost. :)

On Sunday, I didn't want to go to the museum with my host parents, so I walked for about 35 minutes strait to get back to the hostel and I didn't get lost! hehe... :) I hung out with Ostin who was there agian, he and Pete had gone out eirlier to go do something, but Ostin had a fever and so he came back. Pete went swimming and to the gym. Anyway, we chitchatted, watched MTV over here... a LOT LESS COMMERCIALS over here. LOL... after he went to go off and sleep in their room, I shortly thereafter went to mine and found myself taking a nap as well. I woke up about an hour later at 2:30pm. Anna Korin said we were going to leave for this restuarant dinner at 3. So off we went on the tram, picked up my host brother who lives in Gothemburg, and went to dinner. Twas aa very nice Restaurant about 10 mintues walk from Johan's flat. So we had our dinner, then dropped Johan off, then back to the Hostel. heheehee... Watched more tv this weekend then I really have in the past 2 weeks. I also finished 2 books and am almost done with a third. I like them, they are novels... 'To Kill a Mockingbird', 'A Kiss Before Dying' (that's about a serial killer), and my current 'Of Human Bondage' (no, that is not a romance/sexual book). :P

That evening the Finish guys and I were the last ones up, they're friend (another construction worker) finally got back from his weekend back in Finland with his girlfriend. Though I still don't know his name, and only saw him twice, he pretty much hid in their room after he got back, don't blame him, they go to work at 7 am the next morning. Anywho, the three of us, Pete, Ostin, and I, brushed our teeth together. That was fun in an odd way... we acted like we were rapid dogs for a while, n' made fun of the way eachother was talking. I helped Pete get the hair wax our of his hair. Then they went to bed. It was about 10:30 at this time. I went in my room, grabbed my book, and went back out into the living room area and read for a few hours. I finally went to bed and fell asleep around 2 am. I woke up at 5:23am, went back into the living room with my book and blanket wrapped around me, and continued to read. The boys got up about 6:30 and left in a little while. They thought I had stayed up the whole night reading, and I said no, I just didn't sleep that long. Pete mussed up my hair as he gotten into the habit of doing sometimes, and they left for work. Last I ever say of them. At 8 am I went back to bed and napped for ½ a hour. At nine, Mamma was knocking on my door saying we were leaving shortly and that I should come and eat. I took my time getting ready, then went and ate my breakfast. Nummy! I went back, mopped my room, had all my stuff packed, and so we left. I left a message for the boys at the desk (37).

As we were driving down the road, about 7 minutes after we'd left the hostel, the care broke down. Now this was funny. We pushed it into a nearby parking lot and couldn't get it started and didn't have a clue as to what was wrong. Pappa called a tow truck kind of thing, and I think we were there about an hour. After that, the driver got there, loaded the car onto the bed of his truck, we got back into the car, and off we went. It was neet being so high up above the rest of the cars. When he dropped us off at the garage, we got inside, grabbed a number and waited. I read, they sat around. I'm happy that I brought all those books with me! hehe... I dank 5 hot chocolate milks and a Coke while we were there. When we left a few hours later I found out it was some sort of pump in the car that had died. Not surprising considering their care looks like a piece of shit. Well... it runs so that's the main thing I guess. Off we were again and then we stopped at Mamma's sisters for about a half hour. By the time we left it was 3 in the afternoon. We got home around 6:30. And in the last part of my day I have been typing this, took a break for a homemade lasanna dinner, ate some ice and chocolate chip cookies my mom sent from home... an that's been my past 3 days. Maybe not interesting for some, but a great memory for me. so yippity do da day! hehe... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment