October 19, 2001

I accuiered (SP?) a new book today... new as in the sense to belonging in my ownership. *smiles* It's from 1854 and is in very good condition. It's actually in english too, so that makes it special to me. It's made with leather binding and very good black and white sketches. It's called 'A Brage-Beaker With the Sweded' or (don't know why it's an or) 'Notes From the North In 1852'. It's by w.Blanchard Jerrold. It's very interesting reading about the old Sweden... I'm glad to have gotten it, it is a nice piece to add to my collection. :)
The only other old book I have gotten here is in Swedish. It's an somewhat illustrated children's book. translated from English. It's one I'm sure some of you have heard of 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'. Well this is all for me.
Over here in Sweden they play a lot of american songs... or songs that are in english anyway. :) I find if comforting at times in some odd way. Tomorrow I have to get up at 5:30 so I can get packed showered, ect. for the 3 hour drive to Gothemburg. We'll stay there this whole weekend and come home sometime monday. Anyway... that's all that's really going on in my life right now.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment