October 31, 2001

I miss not being able to go trick or treating this year. Most people would say that being 17 is far too old to be dressing up and going door to door. Well that is their opinion, and they are intitled to it, but I still love Holloween, and when I'm eighty or more... if I survive that long, I'll still be doing it, only I won't likely have to dress up anymore unless I want to cause I'll naturall scare the kiddies. When I come back next year I'll be 18... but the cycle set for me when I was little will continue. :)

The Holloween is different over here, though they are starting to get american traditions. Instead they go visit graveyards (or not) and put candles on the loved oned headstone. They do what we do at Holloween on Easter. They dress up in scary things, or nice if your that way, and they go out and get candy. If they fully take on our Holloween traditions on Holloween, then they'll end up with two very simular holidays. Odd thought in a way. So I won't be hunting for easter eggs this years or getting a basket full of goodies, I'll just go trick or treating. :)

Have a HAPPY HOLLOWEEN....
or however you want to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment