August 30, 2001

Wow, nobody is posting anymore. So, I am prompted to post. Bonnie you are like the Kennedys with the exception that the Kennedys die quickly - BANG! they are dead. Joe Kennedy Jr. shot down in battle, John Kennedy shot dead during parade, Robert Kennedy shot dead in hotel kitchen, John Kennedy Jr. plane crash - dead on impact. I hope this post finds your sister feeling better.

Man, I am so excited for school to start. I think that is because I get to boss people around and I have not been able to do that all summer. My cats don't take orders well. The dog is okay at directions but it is not the same.

I completely understand why people say high school is the best time of your life - no mortgage, no significant bills, you can do really stupid things and blame them on youth, everyday you get to go to a place where your friends are and hang out and do virually no work to get a diploma. Sure, there are drawbacks like parents and no money and having Mark Waterbly announce to the entire cafeteria that you are the ugliest girl in school - oops, I digress - but life gets more difficult as you get older.

Don't get me wrong. It is good being old too, except the whole being old thing. Being an adult has a lot of freedoms. People always look at the past and think of the good old days. But with age comes wisdom and perspective. It is all relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment