August 11, 2001

I was asking myself "Just what is a poem ?"... and I thought a bit and hit on language. A poem is written in a language, but by all means poetry is not restrected to any one language. In some sense poetry is bound by language because it must be created from it, but poetry is not governed by the rules of language because it is not dependant upon any particular language. So I think that a poem can then be written in any language whatsoever as long as there is someone who can "read" it.... Perhaps music is poetry in the language of little dots with tails strewn out on bars ?... Here is my apptempt at writing a poem in the language of mathematics....

1+1 = 4 <=> 0 > 0 & f(x) = g(x) for every 0 < x < 0
1,2,5,7, ... If X is a natural number -X|X
3= {f:R -> R | f(3) = Z^2 } \ #G

wild

No comments:

Post a Comment