August 16, 2001

Lawrence is...Lawrence. Interesting. Different. He would fit in here, I think.
But he doesn't spend much time on the net.
I guess he's the smart one.

Welcome to life, Jesse. Try to not let it get you down

I suppose that was a little harsh, and not quite what I meant. More like, welcome to [post-high school, lousy-fucking-job, complacent, stuck-in-a-rut "American Dream" bullshit] life. Even though you are still in school, it's good you can get a taste of what to avoid....

SO....

Finish high school.
Go to college.
Do what it takes to get a job that doesn't leave you depressed riding the bus,
You don't necessarily need to "get an education"
But it helps.

Have you seen the movie "American Beauty?"
That's what I'm talking about
wait....not the whole {lusting after the daughter's friend} thing. I meant the {waking up to realize that where you're at is exactly where you've been trying to get, but nowhere near happiness or where you wanted to be prior to becoming "successful"} part.

A GED won't take you anywhere. The military doesn't even like them. Everyone I know who just gave up and got a GED is getting nowhere slowly.

Fuck.

I'm exhausted. Time for sleep.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment