August 13, 2001

(Wisdom of a summer dream)


The sun shone with a charming light
my heart filled with a glad delight.
The clouds were drifting slowly by
"Its beautifiul" I thought.
I streached out in a field to lay,
having finished with my day,
was thinking.
A question struck me,
soberly I wonder
How has this moment come to be ?
with mysterie and wonderment I gazed upon the sky.

Ahh what curiosities,
this earth,
this sky,
this ancient tree.
Could this somehow be meant for me?
So there I lay,
I wonder without moving.
A bird flew by,
it sang a song,
it danced and then it flew along.
I yawned and then,
I fell deep,
deep into a dreamy sleep.
A wind came and it woke me.

I opened up my sleepy eyes and very much to my surprise,
I rode upon a bird with downy wings.
it spoke
The secret to this life is love,
for things below and things above
for all the things that creep and sting
and even for birds with downy wings.
I thought I must be dreaming..

If you will please just look below,
you'll see there's no surprise,
not to what I know
said the bird.
I turned to look and see the ground,
there are no words for what I found.
The trees,
the earth,
the rivers fair,
they filled my soul beyond compair.
And suddenly I awoke,
with tears in my eyes,
I spoke
The secret to this life is love,
for things below and things above,
for all the things that creep and sting,
and even for birds with downy wings.
and there standing, wondering
found a downy feather...

No comments:

Post a Comment