September 18, 2001

Okay so now after three days of cold air I am incapable of being "creative". Cold air somehow inhibits my creativity and reduces me to studying ... ohh well
I have to mention something.. I am not sure exactly where all this stuff is coming around about poetry being "free for the unique person to find their own meaning... etc ... etc ... etc BLABLALABLA"... This is false.. anything which has a meaning which is "unique for each person" is something which has no inherent meaning at all and thus reading it or viewing it and "finding" some meaning is actually just you making it up.. Maybe some creative writers actually think that their work is "free of meaning", which is an interesting concept in itself, however, I don't work that way. Everything I write is designed to express some particular thing and only that thing. Fancy if you find more then that. Either it is a conceptual meaning or "Idea" or it is an emotional meaning or "feeling".. either way there is particular intention in what I write and the words I chose and order I place them in are "designed" to express what I am thinking or feeling at the time...... So you can damn well be sure that there are in fact WRONG ways to interpret what I write and hence why there are in fact people who are not able to "understand" it...I.E. discover the actual expressed meaning.

regards.....Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment