July 30, 2001

Alright, not mud, I hope this gives you joy. I am posting at last. What to write, what to write? My post is an informative one. Because I am usually at a loss for something clever to say when challenged by authority only later to come up with some witty jab, when I saw this in a book recently I felt compelled to share it. That clever remark has a name. In French it is esprit de l'escalier and it German it is Treppenwitz.

Okay, I read in the paper a few days ago that the state legislature was going to enact a law that teachers can no longer have sexual relationships with their students. Good thing too because obviously teachers don't have enough common sense to, as Olympia Dukakis so eruditely stated in the Academy Awarding winning movie Moonstruck, "... not shit where they eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment