February 22, 2001

Wow.... I’ve been gone a while, eh?

Yeah, Damnit, that really ruined my day when I heard Dale died.....fucked my whole week up, to be truthful. Not that I’m a very big NASCAR fan, actually I couldn’t care less about super speedway stock car racing, but Dale and Dale Jr. drove one of the Vettes in the Rolex 24 just a few weeks ago, and he was a hell of a driver. He started when NASCAR did more short-track races than super speedway shit, and most of the short tracks in the circuit were dirt, not paved. But the loss of ANY driver hurts the racing community as a whole, not to mention a legendary one like that. The crash didn’t look hard, but if you watch it, he hit the wall with almost the full speed left from the straightaway. That’s the same kind of crash that used to kill guys in CART and Formula 1, until the HANS device came out and became mandatory for drivers of both organizations. The medical examiner and everyone saying that that device wouldn’t have saved his life is BULLSHIT. It’s been proven. I’ve seen video of F1 drivers hitting the wall at higher speeds than that, head on, and walk away, because of this device. But the drivers in NASCAR bitch because it’s bulky, so Bill France gives in. That’s four drivers in two years who’s deaths would have been prevented. And the argument that his organs would have been scrambled also holds no water-again I go back to the F1 and CART crashes-at higher speed-that resulted in little more than bumps and bruises. Basically, it’s time for a change, these cars are going too fast and being too competitive to not have a rule change requiring more safety. If Bill France can’t see that, then he’s putting these guys’ lives at risk for no reason.

Morgan-how is it stupid that his family races? I don’t get exactly what you’re getting at....


Onward......to something slightly less depressing.

ugh, had to sit in the dentist’s chair twice this week, once today. Two fillings, two appointments. If it wasn’t for the Nitrous, I couldn’t have done it.


But on the positive, this week at work has been good, without all the ungrateful little bastards around things are much easier. I’ve left early every day so far.

Got a new carb for the truck (finally), ‘tis much better. Actually starts in the morning now. Goes like a raped ape on crack, too. And, to top all that off, it gets better gas mileage. And with only around $350 into that project, the savings will show themselves rather quickly.

Thinking about a stereo. Seriously thinking about a stereo. The fact that it only has faint AM right now makes the choice somewhat easier.

James, you never linked to the picture of the female who is beating Jimi on rating. Or did you?

Sitting here, looking at Supertramp’s "Breakfast in America" LP, on vinyl. I taught my dad to use Napster, so he’s referencing song titles from all his old records.....it’s good he has something to do, I guess.

Now, I must bathe and prepare for tomorrow....plus the smell of gasoline is getting on my nerves (been tuning my carb, after all)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment