February 06, 2001

[OUTRAGES iN THE NEWS]

Guess what i was just laid witness to. I was sitting here by my computer, watching the TV and drinking some good ol' fashioned OJ. I decided to watch the news since i am supposed to keep up-to-date with all the current news and whatnot. So what do i do? I turned to MSNBC. First they were talking about Former President Clinton's 11th hour pardons. That was fairly important i would say, especially when you consider what they next decided to report on...

As i sat there watching, they switched to a reporter in Boca Renton, or some place like that. And why where they there? Well, because Former President Clinton had been playing a game of golf. GOLF?! Of all the things they could spend three minutes on, they decided to spend it on him playing GOLF and scoring an 83. (I have no idea what that meant by the way.) Come to think of it, i don't even think he was playing golf. I think he was just on a driving range, which makes this 3 minutes spent even more insane. After that, to quickly save face i suppose, the reporter quickly covered Clinton's first speech as an ex-president, and how he got paid $100,000 for it. I still find it hard to accept that the news could spend a good 3 minutes on this type of nonsense coverage. Three minutes may not seem like much, but considering airtime and prices for a minute of airtime, it is still considerable. I could do a hell of a lot with only three minutes of air. (For example, 3 minutes of air would allow me to show half of the spectacular Bethal Slayer movie.) They could easily report on the problems with Kosovo, the poverty in third world nations, the peace talks in Israel, the elections in Israel, the power shortages in California and Washington, etc... Instead it was, "Hey guys! Clinton scored an 83 at the driving range!! Whoo Hoo!"

I'm so proud of our news agencies.
Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment