February 07, 2001

{ the nature of the beast . . . }

I figure hey - everyone seems to be giving titles to their posts now ( thanks to jeff-o ) so I might as well jump on the bandwagon and title mine. Just curious : what compelled everyone to follow in his lead? Jeff-o, you're a natrual born leader. you're the best of the best. in fact, you're the first of any of us to get into a -good- college and not some piece of bullshit community college. in any event ( you see - i couldn't say 'but i digress' because jeff already said that once in a post and that really peeves me off. :b ) why the post-title? here you go :

I am seeing an Army recruiter this weekend


Yes, this one guy keeps calling my bloody house ( last time I put down my phone number for them to call me and tell me my ASVAB scores ) and so I figure the only way to make him 1. stop calling me 2. leave me alone is to play his little game and meet with him for 30 minutes and allow him to think that he is making my "FUCK THE ARMED FORCES" mentality dribble and melt away into a "Hey, they'll pay me $$ and I can have a rank and I get to serve my country and hoo-rah! looket me daddy, I dun made et inta da milatari!" sort of mindframe. I asked him if he played chess : No, he doesnt. He also commented that he had trouble with division ( I mentioned I was having a blast in my pre-calculus class ) and he also keeps trying to establish some sort of 'bond' with me - which is failing horribly. When he starts talking about his perception of women, money, and nice things : such as a good car to drive around. I haven't told him I'm celibate yet. and I don't party. and i dont like driving. and dont want to. oh well.

So - i put this to you all : me ... in the army? no hair? taking orders? wearing BDUs? saluting? saying "sir" at the begining and ending of each sentence? waking up at 4am? ( i do that already, btw. hah. ) selling my soul for money, and education?

Do you think I should seriously consider joining the Army / Reserves for
1: monetary gain? ... or ...
2: education profit?


mind you - any suggestion you make will not be taken to heart, but noted well. you are my associates. you've got to be good for something ... eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment