February 28, 2001

Well...that was fun. But lets not do it again, eh?

I was at wonderful Graham Elementary, and we had just started a "lockdown" i.e. lock the door, close the blinds, turn out the lights and hide in the corner. Of course, this being a drill (I think-still not entirely sure), Gerry and myself were generally exempt. But then it starts rocking a little. Gerry looks at me, kinda like "huh, a little earthquake." Then the rocking increases. And increases. The computer we were at was directly under a window, so I get up, and the fucking floor is just going apeshit, so I duck under the nearest desk-Gerry is under the table that the computer is on. The kid whose desk it was didn't appreciate that very much, but I got there first, so.....

But the floor moved around a good foot every way, really something. One hell of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment