November 23, 2000

Your HR thing has gotten to me.


Paige:
I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't trying to belittle you, just tell you to shut up in slightly kinder terms.

And by "who the hell are you" I didn't really want your name, just a little explanation of who you are, where you are coming from, that sort of thing.

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Seriously. Don't apologize for it. I missed that one.

I was pissed off. That's why I was trying to belittle you. Your post in particular didn't get me there, but it didn't help any.

I guess now we come to the part I really hate:
the apology.
(^that's all you're getting^)
Nothing personal, I just don't like to admit I fucked up to someone I don't know. Call it a character flaw, one of many.


Ok, onward......Instead of the first thing I wanted to put, "kiss my ass," I've decided that I shouldn't go down that road, it wouldn't get us anywhere and I won't mean it later.

So....
Where are you from, what do you like, where do you work; et cetera, und so weiter.

Most importantly, what kind of car do you drive? Maybe this only matters to me, but a person's choice of transportation says a lot. That and I am completely infatuated with cars, racing in particular. It's in my blood. And yet I work with computers for a living.


James:
there is a very good reason most webpages look best under IE. They were designed with IE in mind. Web guys don't like netscape, and neither do I. I dislike IE just as much, if not more. But in different ways, they each have their highs and lows. The Mac OS version of netscape is far inferior to IE for that OS. Sweet irony, isn't it? And office 2001 is really good, and only out for mac. But all MS shit has troubles on mac. OS 9 and office 98 have had some big problems. The installers MS uses suck, too. Trying to do a whole lab is much slower and a good bit more difficult than with other programs. The install prog uses too many steps, and does hardware and software detection between steps, causing you to sit in front of a machine for longer. (hit enter, wait, hit enter, wait, hit enter, wait, and then it goes; rather than enter, enter, enter, walk off) But java for mac is also lame compared to windows. But I hear that it's really slick for Solaris.


By the way, have any of you heard of "SETI@Home?"
It's pretty fucking cool.
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/
check it out.
maybe we could start a group.....just a thought


Later

No comments:

Post a Comment