November 22, 2000

I didn't see James' post I was busy with mine....

Decade?

Well, that's tough.

With all the shit that happened in the 1960's, I'd like to pick that, but that whole Vietnam war thing kinda sucked.....I'd be one hell of a big target....cept I'da been a pilot. But otherwise, Hendrix, Clapton, moon landings, the whole thing.....pretty neat.

Then you have the 1940's. Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier.

Hmm.....1770's, also would have been good....

But I would have to choose 2000-2010. We are at the start of the information revolution. The advances in technology in the next ten will most likely be some of the greatest ever. They are building a stadium just for the Seahawks (wait, what the fuck is that doing in there? Maybe just because it's so damned unbelievable) But anyway they are also building a supercollider in Texas bigger than the SSC that was killed in '93. That should be online this decade. The international space station will be populated. Possibility of a manned mission to mars. I just hope W isn't our next president....I'd be seriously depressed then.....

The best reason to pick the coming decade is it's the only one that WE will have a serious influence in and a chance to mold to our will......it's our decade. Maybe we won't fuck it up.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAAA...

    Ah, the joy (and inherent sadness) with being able to look back. Hindsight. What a bitch.

    Still considering 2000 - 2010 the decade you'd most want to live in?

    ReplyDelete