November 27, 2000

Well as long as you don't hurt his lil bro, mike I think his name is.....that little dude is good at paintball.....

And it looks like I might get paid at the end of this month....."There will be a Christmas after all this year, Johnny. Lord Jacoby has thrown us a pitance..." that could probly get me shitcanned......

Hey I like your little demonic reference in there Max. Reminds me of all those freaks who say if you play stairway to heaven backwards it has satanic references in it. My bro tried that in video productions his senior year, nothing.

So I am sitting here listening to Blue Man Group, wondering why I haven't just bought their CD, but then I realize: I am cheap. It's begun. I'm turning into my father. AND his father. The only two people I know who's vocabulary includes "buy" as a dirty word. You know, it's a little frightening. I actually caught myself the other day thinking "why the hell should I buy any CDs when I can download all the free music I want, over my slow-ass modem, and then spend even more time burning on to CDs that I get for 28¢ each?" Now I'ev made up my mind. I'm buying the damn BMG cd, and a bunch of others I've wanted. Fuck it. I'll just wait til after payday to be sure I have gas money come the end of next month. Damn gov't job only paying once a month. Anyhow I've also decided to buy an iMac for my parents, so they'll leave this PC alone and quit bitching about never being able to do anything because they can't figure it out......Then I'll get a G4 tower and move out, taking the PC and G4 with, leaving them with a nice, dependable iMac that does everything they need.....

Bringing me to my next, and final, piece. Today I didn'tr really have anything to do, only one work order and it was a printer I had to take over to the shop for the HP guy....it was an apple personal LW2, which uses the HP laserjet print engine....so then I was sitting around with nothing to do, and after enough of that I (bad move) went over to check on new work orders and ask (yet again) about the damn cell phone and keys I was supposed to have gotten the first damn day, and Patti (dir. of technology, my boss) sees me and says "go see JB he has a project for you." fuck. So I go into the little back room where for some reason the web and database servers are (instead of next door in the shop where every other server is) and JB has me get a box down off the highest shelf. So I think "cool, got off easy" but he tells me it's the worng box, and then we look until we find the right box, which, much to my dismay, is full of external video transceivers for the older rev iMacs that didn't have video out. I'm thinking he wants me to put one on some computer somewhere, since by union rules he can't, and then he tells me that every iMac in North Star El. gets one. that's like 125 computers. But then he clarifies that only one machine in each classroom gets one, cause they got projectors and can't connect them to the machines. That means 20 machines, as some rooms have G3 towers which already have video out. Then I read the directions and it's gonna take 20 minutes each machine for me to do this. Hmmm.....I'm thinking this is a bad thing. Well in the end I got help from another tech and it takes only around 12 minutes per machine. The moral of the story is this: You should never spend too much time reading a long boring story with no point and no lesson to learn, and if you did read all that damn are you bored cause I just about fell asleep typing that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment