April 07, 2001

Ok then. I don’t know about the rest of you, but this discussion is going nowhere. None of us is a "yuppie" or a "wuppie," we are all far to deep-thinking and......... un-driven. We don’t drive BMWs. We don’t have cell phones glued to our heads 24/7, thus we don’t talk on cell phones while driving BMWs. Not that I have anything against Bimmers, far to the contrary, more so the idiots that typically drive them ("I bought the M5 because I liked the stilling, not because it can beat the pants off a ‘Vette without trying. It took me six months to figure out it even had a sixth gear, and I still haven’t used it.") We also do not seem to worry more about our earning potential more than, say, your average street bum. Not even jEFF or Jimmi.

Or maybe you are all yuppies, and I am not. Here you all are, arguing that you aren’t the yuppie, it’s the other guy, when an outside observer could say you are ALL yuppies. But to adhere to the meaning of yuppie (young urban professional), none of you is. But some of you could be called preppies (yuppies in training, if you will, Future Yuppies of America), particularly jEFF and Jimmi, by outward appearances.

And for the record, Andy Davis is a bitch. He still hasn’t got back to me, and we didn’t party last night, because the little fucker wasn’t at home, didn’t answer his cell, and won’t return my messages.

James, that's a tough one.
Good idea, but I won't be able to do it. Don't ask me why, but I just can't place myself that well. I'm a little of most of the classifications you made, so to put myself in a group would be inacurate, and one-sided.

Seeing as I've been in these clothes since 7 yesterday morning (home was one of the few places I didn't make it to last night), it's time for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment