April 07, 2001

hoo-rah!

damn oh damn, the board in the last three days has lit up with activity : however unfortunate that it seems to be a bit hostile : it's still fun! I still believe the yuppie/hippie debate is being dragged on merely for purposes of not not communicating : something to keep the blood flowing : something just to talk about.

which is why I'm going to pull the following out of my ass :

DEFINE EVERYONE


yes, that's right : much the same as Jeff from time to time puts it to everyone on the board to do something [ ie> a psychological test which bradbury took : and the "worst thing imaginable" contest ] I am asking everyone to catagorize and : in a metaphorical way : put everyone they know on a mental "shelf" ... first-and-foremost : starting with themselves. Now : granted : some people will automatically classify Jeff a a yuppie : but we've already had plenty of debate on that : I want other people to be isolated and attempt to defend themselves : But they must FIRST classify themselves.

so here's my list of the "initial" group :

1) myself : i'd go for slacker. however the notion of a 'slacker' seems a bit too pristine in my case : there is another word for me : i just dont know what it is : somewhere between slacker and bum. Someone who has the capabilities to do something, sometimes almost anything, however doesn't have the motivation and/or willpower to complete and/or begin something. I've realized that I always need someone around with me to be a catalyst for something : as alone : I'm quite useless at getting anything done : Highly Irresponsible. James : Quasi-Slacker Child.

2) Jeff : i'd have to say he's a yuppie : mind you : merely on the same grounds that one can call me a hippie : the external attributes : at first glance : would make me a hippie : however delving deeper you'd find that there are qualities that make me strikingly un-hippi-ish : the same with jeff and yuppi-ism. At first glance : you'd call 'em a yuppie : however the idiosyncracies remove him from that group : hence my term : "Wuppie" ... he's a wuppie : as I'm a Wippie. hah!

3) Jimmoi : extreme idealist : someone I could definately see being a political leader : not for his leading qualities ( as all political leaders [ or most of them ] never write their own speaches he wouldn't have a problem writing things out ) however merely for his "debate" skills : wherein he could drag out something as undebateable as... oh... let's say "salt is a mineral" : and as we all know Sodium is a mineral : however Jimmoi would be able to twist-however-not-quite-twist facts : words : and perceptions of things to make a valid and obviously true fact such as "You write with pencils" : into something debate-able. Not only that : his powers of bullshit are unparallel : so in the event he's fallen into a realm where his knowledge is null : he can bullshit appropriately and still =NOT WIN= but appear to win the argument : mind you in politics it isn't winning arguements that counts : it's how much better you look like you've got everything together as compared to the other guy.
Hence : Jimmoi : Polititian.

4)Andy: Although my knowledge of his thoughts/being/intellect have been declining due to his college schedule and association with Doreen I can make a slight determination : I'd classify him as a Chameleon : ie> someone who is able to change their values slowly enough to where they themselves do not know they are changing to fit the enviroment around themselves : mind you : it doesn't mean that anything is -wrong- with that : it just states that he is easily able to adapt to any sort of "group" there may be. However he does have certain values which are grounded : say for instance an odd connection with role-playing and/or "neo-pagan activities".

{cue "big stick" .wav and-or "dont swing on the tree limbs"}


3)Justin : my association with him drastically declined for reasons self-evident. I cannot make much of a judgement on where he should be placed as I do not know how much he's changed. I do know that he has a tendancy to be "volitile" : merely unpredictable and chaotic : more so than those who try to be thus. The guy that when you said "hey, look at that rubber chicken" : a plan was immediately hatched to steal it : have the car running : and burn rubber. Justin : Covert Anarchist.

I do believe that's it for "the original group"
any comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment