April 07, 2001



...




First off...

I was NEVER actually accusing james of being a hippy. There was a point to what i was saying. But if those arguments were invalid, then so be it...it was never of that much importance to show james as a hippy or not.

Secondly...

You're basis of choosing a car varied, if i remember correctly. You wanted to buy chris's car because it looked cool. And there was another car that was pure black, and you wanted to buy it because it was "cool". If i am wrong about that, then i am wrong and apologize now, but that is how i remember it. I am not in need of a luxury car, nor do i really want one either. In fact, i would rather have my trooper back. The car i have now...i don't like. Despite all its crappiness, lack of a heater, and breakin windows, i would much prefer the trooper. I liked the trooper because of some functions. One, when it snowed, i could count on its four wheel drive to get me out of it. When we went camping, it really served its purpose. When i had gotten the car i have now, i had many reservations. While it did have a heater, and it did have a working tape player, i didn't like it nearly as much as i liked the trooper. I don't even drive the damn thing anymore.

I am materailistic huh? I would actually argue that you are damn far more materialistic then i, or half of the supposedly dead group is. Example: You continuously bitch about how austin still has your CD's or pants or whatever. Example: You tout off your Hyundia's CD player. Dare i say you are proud of that part of your car? You are quite touchy about your car, though not to the degree that some people are about theirs.

I should note though that the examples above may not necessarily go toward you being materialistic but rather concerned about stuff that you bought or that you need in order to get to work or whatnot.

Which reminds me, i'd like a real example of how i am materialistic? Please, i really want to know, as i apparently am too dense to see it for myself.

What the hell have i been buying that makes you think i am a yuppie, or trying to be like one?

Now then, as for the not accepting help...let's really talk about that one:




  1. I am already down one parent because of a divorce. In fact, i would turn to that parent even today, but he lives in some place in australia (don't ask me why...maybe he wants to have buttsexx with the wallabies...hey maybe that is why i am obsessed with their destruction...anyway....ahh, off topic). Even still, i have written to my father and have asked for some assistance, and despite his behavior/attitude, i am trying to communicate with him. I am NOT trying to isolate myself from his help.

  2. There is really little help i can get from my mother. She is, and has been, on edge ever since my parents got divorced. She has my brother, who is a home-boy type, to contend with. He is constantly taxing her resources, the latest of which is getting a thousand dollar plus speeding ticket. How the hell am i supposed to get help with stuff from a parent who is already taxed beyond her boundaries?

  3. Conselours...first off, how do you know i don't talk to people that could be considered counselours. I have on occasion talked to a few conselours. To a degree they help...but only to a degree. They give you someone to talk to when you feel like talking. Still, i currently know of no conselours or therapists, or whatnot, to discuss with, or talk to. If i did, then i should as hell would talk to them.

  4. Friends...ooooh, this is a good one. Let's see, i could go and talk to...oh wait, they are all in Pierce county right now. You may think it is easy to go down there whenever i want to, but it isn't. I have papers and finals up here, and midterms to take care of. I don't have a car. Taking the bus requires three hours, on a non-traffic filled day. Buses don't exactly run always on schedule. And even if i catch a bus, i end up at the Lakewood Park and Ride...how do i get around? Realistically, i can not turn to many friends right now for the problems i have or don't have.


    • On a side note...you are the last person i would truthfully talk to about some of my problems jimmy. I feel far more comfortable talking to james or joe or andy, or even jOe. You tend to be extremely judgemental, and slightly moody about some things. When something doesn't stick to your schedule, it upsets you. Yes, i agree that you are becoming facist. I don't have a problem with that though. I can easily talk to you about some things, but not everything. Realistically, i can talk to people more if they share a common experience...you, not by your fault or anything, simply do not. It almost seems that this "friends" aspect of people i don't turn to, is meant to apply that i don't talk to you. Sorry if that is so.






You called me a WIDE EYED yuppie. Okay...except for the term "wide eyed" implies naive about something. In this case, it would imply that i am naive about being a yuppie, not that i am becoming a yuppie. James "wuppie" term would have been better if that were true. You mention the power and influence of groups and elements surrounding you. First off, when the first accusation of being a yuppie, which you did indeed accuse me of (which i took as a joke), was back when i was going to pierce, just out of high school. The "elements", as you put it, would be you, james, jOe, andy, and sarah's brothers occasionally. I hardly would consider them to be yuppie-making material. Now, if you are talking about the elements i am surrounded by now...namely that of college and whatever people you imagine i hang out with, then you would be wrong in the assumption that they are yuppie-making either. First off, i hardly talk or communicate with many of the people in my dorm. I am far too busy too with the class load i am taking. My day consists of getting up, late, going to social psychology, going back to my dorm where i check my messages and blogger and watch whatever boring thing is on TV for thirty minutes, go to my next class, sometimes late, which is Psychology 333. Oh, and just so you are aware, psych 333 is actually a biological based psych class, dealing with motor neurons and sensory perception neurons...more for NEUROLOGISTS. On Tuesdays and Thursdays i go to the Woodland Park Zoo where i sit for two hours listening to lectures about how to observe and document animal behavior. Everyday i usually go to the zoo for two hours and sit and watch a pair of toucans. Now, if toucans are yuppie-making material, then i am wrong, and you may call me a "wuppie".

As far as the small question you posed, "Do you have control over your elements?" In truth, everyone, EVERYONE, exerts some influence over their elements, especially the closer tied those elements are. In intergroup dynamics, groups both control and get altered by individual members. It has been well documents in a number of social psych studies. When a person enters a group, a part of the group is altered, and a part of the individual is altered. This is how group cohesion comes about, with other factors as well. Now, if you are talking about more external elements, like what happens outside of a group, then yes, control over that is lessened. As for me wanting control over the elements that i can't...no i don't. I accept these elements, and try to adjust to them as i can...and ignore, to a degree, ones that i cannot. In fact, YOU are the one who has trouble with elements and events you can't control. It just pisses you off when things don't go the way they are supposed to, or things change...(i.e. members of the group going away, or "jimmy"/FUNZO days not being on friday.

Now, as for this thing about a free ride through college... what are you talking about? Seriously...i honestly don't know what you meant by this argument.

And, am i supposed to be proud of you, or want to model my behavior after you, with regards to riding through pierce half-assed? (By the way, you should no that i don't study nearly as much as the others in this college. I usually spend time watching Conan make fun of George W. Bush. Yea.)

Oh, and i have seen them wear those glasses...its scary. Especially when you see a flock of them get on the bus at the same time. Ahhhh.

I'm sure that my above arguments contain some flaws...i am writing this while i am tired...and didn't get enough sleep. If i got something wrong, or am wrong, then i invite a challenge. But i should warn you that I will defend myself...and before you assume something about me, make sure you actually know enough about me to be right...which apparently someone did NOT know enough about certain aspects of me to get things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment