March 28, 2001

Well, I lost.
That is, my dinner.
Nasty.
I think we have a winner.

Well....to offset jEFF's contest, I propose one of my own


The most awesome thing imaginable*

Here's my starting entry


The picture is rather large, which is why it is presented as a link.

To further explain, this is a screen shot I took earlier on my mac. What you see is windows 98, running Rhino, inside a window in Mac OS. Virtual PC 4 kicks ass. So, by the end of next week, I'll have five operating systems fully opperational on ONE machine......Windows 98, Windows 2000, Red Hat Linux 6.2, Mac OS 9.1 and OS X. Each of the PC based OS's have 96 meg of RAM, which leaves plenty of the 128 the machine has left over for Mac OS. Of course, I can only ever really have two of them going, and one has to be OS 9.1, but it still works very well. (virtual PC would let me have all three PC os's running, but there isn't enough RAM in here to handle four operating systems running at once.

It works amazingly well, with a fair amount of speed.

(*to a geek.)

No comments:

Post a Comment