July 25, 2008

James said I should post the top 10 movies of each decade (according to me), so I will start with a decade he brought up, the 1940's. If asked for justification, I will be happy to justify, but for now, I'll keep it simple.

10. The Stranger
9. The Philadelphia Story
8. Going My Way
7. Hamlet
6. Citizen Kane
5. The Maltese Falcon
4. The Best Years of Our Lives
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
2. The Bicycle Thief
1. Casablanca

According to James, this will inspire debate, though I'm not sure how many people that read this have even seen all the movies on that list, or movies from the decade that they think belong on there. I am aware that Citizen Kane is "the greatest of all time" and therefore should be number 1, however, I think it's really fucking boring, and if you own it, I doubt you watch it all that often. Casablanca on the other hand, is interesting each and everytime you watch it, and is still a very very well crafted film.

No comments:

Post a Comment