April 18, 2002

Above you'll see my first reaction after work. I'll leave that up there just so it can be seen, but I'll say something else now.

Whole topic / Aaron - not worth my time.
casually raises his middle finger

Apparently there was a ' bird problem ' in the green houses these past few weeks at work - birds eating the seeds / chewing up the trees. To solve the problem I mentioned that I had a BB gun and that I was a good shot with rifles - I was asked to bring it in and ' neutralize ' the problem. I'm sitting in green house fourteen listening to ... Gravity Kills I believe it was when I saw movement, the hunt begins.

I moved about halfway toward the birds ( two of them, and fatter than hell ) from where I was sitting - relaxed, took aim... -ping- wow. I missed. Having scared the shit out of them one of these fatties flew toward me and landed even closer - sucker. Slow deep breaths came, the rifle rose, the sights right on its chest - -thwack-
He flies off, spread eagle type under the tables. Hoo Hoo - I know I hit that bastard, yet it appeared again - apparently unscathed.

" What the fuck ? I'm a good shot, generally - rifle is filled, sights on target - whats the problem ?

I shoot at the other fatty, I see the pellet zoom past the bird's head - pretty sure he felt it zipping by. At this point both birds disappear below the tables and I start crawling around looking for em, looking high and low. No where in sight. So, having successfully scared them off I had to go back to thinning trees - maybe I should play with em more next time.

Point being ? I feel the need to paintball - rifle in my hand felt very good. That or find myself a gun club and buy my own rifle.
Bradbury, you seem to have your hands into everything - any gun clubs in the area ? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment