January 24, 2001

For the sake of time constraints I will resort to the primitive use of the letter “C” in this
post. I have alot to say and I need to think clearly.

Mr.Morgan I do agree with you that this has gone a little far, however Jimmy asked for some debate so I shall give it to him. First let me say sorry that I didnt get back to you yesterday jimmy its finals week and I have alot o'studin to do.
Let the Jest begin...
Although Plateau may have been written by (and more than likely originally performed by) the Meat Puppets, it was regardless made famous by Nirvana. You ask any damn Nirvana fan out there and they will tell you that it is a Nirvana song. Either way its Kurts horrid voice screaching out that sound and rediculos lyriks.
I do not own an ICP CD, I once had one in my possetion. However it has been almost 2 years since then. That does not mean I said I liked them. And because you say that I said “they roool” does not make it so. You have no proof I ever said that, nor do you have any basis to prove [if for some god forsaken reason it was uttered] that it wasnt sarcastic. You know me well enough by now to know that is one of my more charming personality traits.
As to the Limp Bizkit argument, I have NEVER owned a LB CD. EVER. You can ask anyone that knows me. I do however own a shirt. I did not buy it at a concert, but at Hot topic. I dont think this is any of your buisness, but my friend sammatha porter, who attends washington high school, has been one of my friends for 5 years now. Her father went through a long bought of cancer and passed away the summer before my sophomore year. She and I went shopping while talking about life and death. One of the things that made her happy was that shirt. We bought matching ones because it is symbolic of our
united friendship. It made her happy. To me it was another shirt. I’m sorry if I wear clothing Jimmy, but its a fucking shirt. It is not the music, nor is it the band. Therefore the argument of weather a shirt is better than SP is irrelevent. I dont like LB. So I own a shirt. Whoop-d-friggin-do-da-day! and when did you ever hear me say that “durst is hot”? HAHAHAHAAAA!!! No. I said that Jonathan Davis, from korn, not limp bizkit, is hot. Durst is just....ug. sorry sweety but that was an insult to my taste in men.
Eddie is a drunk. His songs are dumb. And his music stinks. This is my oppinion. Boy George makes better music than vedder. Define talent before you start saying that he has talent. I can write with my feet is that a talent? Just because I can do it doesnt make it appealing.
If you are correct when you say that crass’ “most influentual member left to form a better band: Fugazi.” Then you have shown through your own logic that Crass was an influential band. Had he not had the experience of Crass he could not have gone on to perfore the miracle you call Fugazi. The debate here was not wether the who is better than the guess who but wether a band was better than the smashing pumpkins. I posed to you that the guess who was better than SP, your come back was that who was better. So what. They are still better than SP. Babba O’Reily kicked ass.
You talk about no talent and lack of intellegent lyricks with SP. Yet you know the words to “spoon man.” There arnt many. Hence the lack of intellegent music. With something as inspirational as the pike place market spoon man, you think they could have come up with a little more than “spoon man... come together with your hands... save me.” Where is the sence in this?
The reason I dont comment on sublime, hendrix, or morrison is because they have talent. Cobain only has talent when he is wasted. And that is drug induced, not real talent. Real talent is the ablity to actually play the damn instrument without having to toke up first. Well if you want to see the damn interview then write MTV, dont ask me for it. Sorry I wasnt phycic and predict that you would need to see it so that I would record it. And contrary to your belief he does get alot of outside imput about the “flow” of his “songs.” Plus you can not call it a song because he does not sing. You said you cant see how
anyone else can write about his wife/daughter/dead uncle...yadayadayada.... well have you ever heard of interviews, biographies? You know all someone would have to do is know enough about him to write it from the perspective of him, you dont even know if he really feels that way about those things. NO ONE CAN PROVE THAT. Even if he says he does, most people who work in the music industry say that the album is their heart and soul so that they can sell more records.
So all a band has to do to be better than SP is dance? Well hell, if BHG makes the list on that criterion then lets add the company of riverdance, who cares if they dont sing, they have music and they can dance!!!
While we are addding to the list I would like to pettition to get more better than SP bands on the list. (to the best of my knowledge) you forgot these important bands that are indeed better than SP(Correct me if Im wrong about them being on the list): Violent fems, Guns and roses, Eric clapton, Elton john, Garth brooks, Roy orbison, Luciano Pavarotti, Sonny and Cher, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Plasmatics, Motley Crue, Whitney Huston, Arithra Franklin, Selena, and Santana, as well as any and all swing music, or crooners from the past, with the exception of robert goolay.
Remeber all good children go to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment