January 10, 2002

MULTI POSTING FUN GOODNESS!

first I would like to point out a very important factor in my ' going out into the world to try ' to find people. I dont know things. I dont know where to " party " - nor how. I dont know how to " hang out " - and I'm not good with " people I dont know " - in fact, anyone buy this friday/saturday night ( SPECIFICALLY NIGHT ) - wanna go out and take me somewhere where thar be women folk rounds fer me to impress? anywho - I must attack, or retort, or whatever have you - on the concept of " Musical politics being bullshit "

To an extent - I agree.
To another extent, I dont agree in the slightest.

I do admit that some things are said about bands that are " new " are entirely fueled upon the fact that people have habits of getting into ruts, accepting things as how they are and assuming that will be the way they will always be. For instance, System of a Down. I remember when System was that dinky little band that Aaron and Anthony ( he should post sometime! ) would listen to and that they got Jimmoi to listen to. I chalked it up to nothing more than " metal " - which for the most part I didnt enjoy with the exception to Pantera. Metallica just was not my slice of pie. After some select run-ins with System ( one being at the beach with jimmoi listening to ' clown music ' and then the big one - Anthony shaking his rump to D-Devil ) I decided to sit down with their cd and really listen to them - and found it more than enjoyable. I was hooked. His voice was like nothing I had ever heard before. I know what I like - but I also understand that there exist " another race " of people out there in the world. These people are what I'd like to call " the flow "

Much like Star Wars' " the force " - " the flow " works in a similar matter, and I'm always it's god-damned " disturbance " for some reason. It is the reason why everyone says I *TRY* to be " unique " or " different " - it is the reason that I stand out like a sore thumb on the hand of some beautiful maiden jacking my member off. ... ah hah - now what stood out, the sore thumb ... or ... ------- BUT ANYWHO : " THE FORCE " and those who are influenced by it find nothing more interesting or " worth of value " than that which is new. NEW NEW NEW. Nike releases a NEW pair of shoes - they've got to get it because they are the BEST pair of shoes THAT EVER EXISTED IN THE ENTIRE EXISTANCE OF MANKIND. Then you've got, of course, the 'anti-flow' - the " DARK SIDE " - like a big block of cheese with your digestive system, their purpose is to do nothing more than go the opposite way that whatever ' the flow ' is going.

What you ( steven ) have hit on before, people degrading ' new ' music for the sake of it being ' new ' and sounding like ' other stuff ' ( if you notice, i really get ' kick ' out of putting things in ' quotation marks ' ) - is in actuality the work of this " DARK SIDE OF THE FLOW " ( which shall here-in be referred to as the BLOCK SIDE ) --- Now these followers of the block-side are about as soul-less as those who follow the flow. If shopping at the GAP is suppose to be the hip thing to do - they'll shop at Hot Topic. If wearing Old Navy is thing to do, they'll go shop at Bargain World. If choosing colors which are ' in style ' or ' seasonal ' seem appropriate, they'll wear nothing but black. They are unique. And different. And they are the reason I get stigmata'd as some sort of fsking freak. MONKIES!

But somewhere between the two I would have to say lays my ideals. I do so enjoy getting a kick out of the reaction of " the flow " when some new band comes out and I just say they're nothing more than shit regurgitated and they get all in a tissy. Oh fuck - I forgot a vital part of my argument :O

MUSIC HISTORY

somethings have already been done. they have been done well. I did not like the new rendition of " Another Brick in the Wall pt. II " which, thank god, is not named " Teachers leave those kids alone " - I did not like the new rendition of " Wish you were here " which, thank god, does not feature the lyrical abuse of " So glad you're here ". to attempt to do something that has already been done and -NOT IMPROVE- upon it in some fashion, or to do something that has already been done, and since the general populace is DUMB AS GOUGING OUT YOUR EYEBALLS IN SPACE to know that it has already been done you get the credit for someone else's obvious talent ( COUGH - can I say SMOOTH CRIMINAL? )

...
I dont think I've made a point yet.
give me a day and ill hammer this all into something that makes sense.
MOVING ON!

I hate you zach-o. I hate you're naked woman-y-ness too. I hate it when you dont fuck me in the ass in front of everyone. I hate it when you dont burn me a copy of MIDGHUTS WIF GEUNS. I hate it when you make me lauf wif yur funn-oi " zachfuscious-o " quotes. I hate it when ( something something ). But mostly, I hate it that I dont hate you at all.

( cue audience " awwwww " )


NOW GIVE ME HEAD BITCH!

ah hahah.

Jesse - give me a reading on how much ad-space will cost ( post on board ) will ya?
ill try and stop by fri (day) like last week.
and what is this about ' reason ' ? - and be sure to have a copy of this V/VM thing ( ? )

Josephine -
changing the music one listens to does not make them any less of a lesbian.
and the fact that it is a woman, Melissa Etheridge more-less, doesn't help any either.

HO DAMN - ITS TIME TO GO TO SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment