January 18, 2004

What the fuck are you talking about bonnie?

Director =! Writer. The film was based on a book - and reviews from most people who've read the book say that the movie is actually on par with the book. Very few book-to-movies get that sort of compliment. The music was done by Danny Elfman - which, in my personal opinion, he always does an absolute superb job in setting the tone of the film. Especially Spectre. And yes, the guy who played the son was a terrible actor - but he really wasn't the main character - but man oh man, he two people who played the main character : ( Ewan McGregor and Alber Finney ) - that was some swell stuff.

Lastly - do you not remember Tim Burton's last film? Oh wait I don't because I never bothered to see it, because it was PLANET OF THE APES. I wouldn't see it because I knew it was going to be shit, reguardless of director because Director =! Writer. What I am assuming your dislike for this film is based on is its total lack of DARK, GOTHIC, AND MYSTERIOUS wonder you can find in the plethora of other Burton's films. His next project is announced to be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - man ... that'll be something, and I'm hoping he'll take it in the direction he did with Big Fish - and leaves all the "OMG BLACK IS MY FAVORITE COLOR" at the door. Johnny Depp plays willy wonka. mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment