January 10, 2004

[movies of the elite and powerful]

I own Road Trip and Scary Movie. I think I understand the concept between a classic and good movie, and a good flick... or an entertaining one. I'm sure that all of us do. Any of us who enjoyed Robocop or Die Hard or any other action film. In reality they are just fun to watch and not really all that cinematically great. Well, Die Hard rules - I'm just using that as an example for other things... meh... can't think of them. Fuck... mind faltering...

Anyway, the point being, I don't think that anyone is necessarily saying that a movie has to be gold standard to be enjoyable...

but there are some things that are just not watchable to some people, and that's more a matter of preference. For some reason, James hates The Crow. Maybe he thinks it takes itself to seriously. I don't know. I personally don't like movies that take themselves too seriously when they obviously shouldn't. That doesn't mean I may not enjoy them visually, or for just some easy watching... but I still may not like aspects of them.

Alien Versus Predator. Oh I know I'll watch it. I'm sure of it. It's an Alien movie after all. Just like I'll watch Star Wars Episode Three when it comes out. I'm sure I'll enjoy AVP for certain aspects. After all, I've always wanted to see them fight too. But I know I'll also have problems with it. I'm sure there will be parts that are insulting to the concept of the past Alien and Predator movies... i'm sure there will be things that are insulting to the past directors of Alien - to the ones that made Alien awesome in the first place. Yet I'm sure there's a chance I'll watch it, because inherently it will have some entertainment value. I still watch Star Wars Episode II, and I hate Episode II for many reasons... but I have probably watched it ten times, if not more. Because it's still enjoyable. It's still got some Star Wars. And its got Yoda flying around fighting.

Bad and Lame movies are great for debating and talking about because they suck so much. And of course we are gonna watch them still. We may not like them all the time, but we'll still watch 'em. Humans always do that sorta self-destructive behavior.

However... Gigli? Good God Aaron... this is less and attack and more a wondering as to why you'd ever put your soul through that kind of torture. Granted I haven't seen it, but still. I thought the same thing with Glitter... and I decided, i shouldn't judge it without seeing it. My soul still hates me for thinking that way.

And strong opinions are far more interesting. If this board was filled with pansy, half-assed convinctions, I wouldn't fuckin' read it. The fact that James comes on here and acts like his opinion is better than anyone else's is just humorous.

You should hear Jimmy's opinion on snow. Man that's funny shit.

I must go fill out more applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment