August 31, 2002

first and foremost -
you'll noticed the general tone of the board has changed from squabbles between individuals to a general place for people to answer eachother's questions. As it was intended, and although I do not take full credit for the occurance - I would appreciate it further if it continues and everyone else posts questions they want answers to as well. and now, to continue to my responses!

1. No, I do not believe babies, fetuses, or my sperm have souls. I believe a " soul " is not necissarily something that one " has " or " is born with " or " grows up with " - I dont believe it is exactly a " thing " so we cannot apply " thing properties " to that which isnt. I believe the first initial part of " having a soul " would be self-realization. " I am me " or " I am " or even " am " - which is the catalyst for having a soul. One can go as far as saying that " James is me " is self-realization. To have a name, and to understand that " the name means more than a moniker to get my attention, but rather a reference to ME " - two points, one that children are somewhat like animals in the sense that they have low cognitive skills. true. And you may all be rushing to say : " WHEN I CALL SPOT HE COMES BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT HIS NAME IS SPOT! " to which I will reply rather easily this : When you call a child, it comes just as the animal. However - four or six years down the road when you leave spot alone the dog will not sit and reflect to himself " Hmm, I am spot. " and consider who he is, what he is, why he is here, and so on and so forth. THE QUESTIONS never arise. However, A child can call his own name - ah! but what if there are more than one entity with the same name? Two dogs named spot are in one room, one on the left one on the right, you call spot and both come to you - but two ten year olds named Bill, you call Bill and they'll understand that Bill is a reference to themselves, and not necissarily them. This is why I believe animals do not have souls. Of course you could just go on and say " Well just because you dont understand what an animal is saying doesnt mean that he doesnt thing those things! " to which I could reply " Animals and sex. " - this is another interesting concept. To be self-realized and self-aware is to acknowledge that there is a " you " and a " others " - you put two animals male and female in a glass room with people watching and the female is in heat - they're going to go at it. You put two adults and they'll know they're being watched. This has to do with adam and eve, covering themselves with the branches. Also - neither of you ( michael / steven ) shot down my attack that an animal doesnt have a soul because he cannot pray. I didnt say that an entity had to pray to have a soul ( you stated that ATHIESTS DONT HAVE SOULS HUH? - no, they do - because they can pray but just refute doing so - an animal, no matter how much he believes or disbelieves in God or any higher being other than his master who feeds him, cannot " pray " - he can beg for food, but thats about it )

2. As for it being binary or not - I guarentee you with the right decoder that it can be deciphyered. Kudos to you if you can figure it out. And no, it isnt binary.

3. Aaron - I am disturbed by how much you keep referring to Waking Life. I find no answers from Lucid dreaming or its followers. However, to appease you - I shall watch the film again and get past its " LOOK I CANT JUST HAVE DIALOGUE ABOUT THINGS I HAVE TO HAVE FLOATY EYES AND MOVING DRAWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " and actually listen to what has to be said.

4. Bradbury - gimme a couple days and I shall soon know what it is like to drown your troubles away with a bottle and a glass.

I will put something else here later.
hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment