December 08, 2001

For all the happy people :)

Woke up today and went to work
found out it was Sunday
I couldn't care less
it feels so much like a Monday

Came home to my palace in the city
didn't see my children there
looked for my wife to ask
couldn't find her anywhere

Where did they go?
and why did they leave?
are they coming back?
should I stay and wait?
or should I leave?

made myself dinner at the sink
couldn't eat what I had made
poured myself a stiff drink
and thought about work tommorow

Went to bed in my room
turned on the radio and slept
in my dreams I saw a woman
and she stared at me and wept

Woke up today and went to work
found out I had been here for 40 fuckin years
I packed up my things and left
40 years? and I don't remember one thing to cheer about

Went home and the phone rang
was my grandson wishing me a happy birthday
I didn't even know his name
he hung up and I went away

Will I be dead when I wake up?
maybe I already am
I can't believe my life has past me by
and I don't have a thing to show

Where? Where has it all gone?
and I know it ain't comin back
I'm just left here in my palace
waiting for a heart attack

No comments:

Post a Comment