November 02, 2001

the internet is a crazy place

for one - ebay.
I find ebay so terribly fun merely because it's like having friends in far off places send you mail - and yet you dont even have to bother with "being their friend" because you dont give a shit who they are as long as they cough up their end of the bargain - being the product you buy. Last night I got : UNDERWORLD | Pearl's girl in the mail. I've been listening to it ever since. I also got another package, but that was in a medium-sized box, which I will refer to at a later time in this post.

Recieving things in the mail / thats what this is about. Does anyone ever recieve things in the mail from people? It is a terribly great feeling - almost like christmas but not quite as ... hyped. Because not everybody is getting presents - just you.

Y - O - U


I also think that half of the greatness is that if you're good, you've probably already forgotten what it is that you bought online - considering that the time it takes to ship through mail for one is slow, but now that THERE MIGHT BE ANTHRAX IN IT - it takes even longer for things to move around. So not only do you get something, but whatever it is - it is a surprise as well.

The feeling is so great that I almost want to start sending packages to people - but I've never actually done that. I dont know how to just go out and buy something for someone that I think they might like - because that seems so foreign and odd to me. Not only that - but it is difficult to think of what anyone would like.

Go figure.

But moving on - the box contained a stuffed animal from a girl online, who off-handedly wanted to send me something in the mail. I didn't mind. So time passed and then I got this box - I opened it up to find a medium-sized stuffed teddy bear. I laughed, and thought to myself :

" Philbert has a friend, ah, but what to name you? "


I came up with the name rather quickly : Hamlet. The bear's name is Hamlet. Hamlet and Philbert now sit in the corner of my bed, and they get along fine. I think they like eachother, as none of them complain. Or at least I dont hear them complaining. ...




there was once an old man
who lived top a hill
in a house with no ceiling
but a chimney, still

no door, but a window
and one flower outside
not a word from him heard
for in this house he did hide




until a day came when rain was about
and flooded his home and bothered him so
he ranted, and raved / yelled and did shout
what would he do now and where would he go




but all was ok, fine and just dandy
he packed his things, but a book and some candy
headed off to a better place, with a door
on a hill, with a roof / down the road from a store




but outside no flower grew.
no casual reminder of the place he once knew.

who gives a shit about flowers when it isnt raining.


heh.
i had to finish off with a highly metaphorical story.
go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment