May 06, 2003

Which post were you pointing to?

.........


So I was watching Boston Public last night. Not a show known for amazing realism, but good still the same. I suppose someone without experience in school systems wouldn't take issue with some things. Anyway. So at the end they are having a music montage-showing various people with music over the top to wrap things up-you all know the type of thing. Then I realize...

"I know this song. Shit, this sounds like a NIN song. Wait a minute, that sounds like Johnny Cash singing."

It bugged me all day today. I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the song. I finally get home and fire up Acquisition. Do a search for Johnny Cash Nine Inch Nails.

Johnny Cash, Hurt (NIN cover).

From his latest album.

I've always liked Johnny Cash, and now I respect him even more. The meaning of the lyrics doesn't loose anything with him singing. It's played with just an acoustic guitar and piano accompaniment.

Talk about a true musician. Been through hell, comes back. Gets Parkinson's, doesn't give up music. Doesn't shut out music by today's artists, but embraces that which is good.

NIN certainly is good in my book, but hey I'm easy to please.

The point is this: his version kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment