June 24, 2004

Quantum Fuckin' Awesome SEA-20040624-1228-6003



Recently I purchased Season ONE of the Quantum Leap Series... and I was reminded of how fuckin' spectacular that show was. Ahh... I remember the times when I'd sneak into the living room when I was supposed to be asleep and watch Quantum Leap. The best.

I mean who can argue that it wasn't an awesome show. I remember thinking how cool it would be to have a holo-imaging chamber of my own. And that little computer that Al always had. The precursor for today's PDA's. He was always smacking it around trying to get it to work.

Kinda like a Collins.

Anyway, that little trip down memory lane was spurred by the fact that as I was looking for release information for possible future series sets of the show, I found out that there are plans in the works for a Quantum Leap TV movie. Something possibly called: Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward.

Normally I'd be against the idea of such a venture, because they are almost always doomed to failure... but still, it's Quantum Leap... and it's supposedly all the same writers and whatnot... and the same cast. So there's some promise... right? I just hope they don't go all George Lucas on us and CGI everything. I'll be fuckin' pissed if I see it, because it will be completely unnecessary. Just the same blue light.

Which reminds me, does anybody know if Family Guy ever spoofed Quantum Leap... i have a vague memory of that... but I'm not sure if I'm just making that up in my head.

Lastly, there is supposed to be a new Quantum Leap series coming into the works for SCI-FI. That disturbs me. Spinoffs are hardly successful, and sometimes, despite how much you like something, you should just let it stay in the past.

I rambled.

Oh, and with regards to the French Revolution... i don't remember the history entirely, but didn't that set the stage for changes in power throughout Europe for like the next hundred years? Usually the destabilization of a power such as that would cause such a ripple-effect. That was partially what the list was composed of. Each event had it's ripple effect considered. Though I suppose the Industrial Revolution probably had a bigger ripple than the French Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment