February 06, 2003

God, fog, and totaled cars

average day at work today.
soon a pre-feeder will be on my machine, no more manual feeding.
( we're actually pretty depressed about this, no more ... well, ... hard-work )
no i am not jealous of a spanaway shot-glass.
( today I had a revelation that I live and work in a very " redneck " atmosphere'd area )
can you smell what the rock is cooking?

side note :
I drive home and if I leave at a particular time I am always there in front of a church to see this little ricer-honda pull out the church-driveway, and I almost hit him/her once. Well, today that sucker got smashed. I'm talkin' totaled. Some big green truck ( I want to say F350 but it just SEEMED that huge in comparison to the ... or ... well ... what little was left of - the honda ) - smashed right into him. And boy oh boy do I love fog. The kicker?

the honda had a bumper sticker.
the bumper sticker said :
Warning! In case of rapture, driver will not be operating vehicle
or something to that extent.
having never seen the back of the honda, I snickered.
It was only that, later on down the road,
when I had to pull off to the side of the road and let an ambulance blare past me that I actually laughed out loud.
Lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment