May 29, 2002

So I know I was wrong calling it a desert.
The arid plains of eastern Washington and the Columbia Basin are referred to as a "Shrub-Steppe," and are actually very rich in both flora and fauna. A true desert is devoid of most life. There are actually a few true deserts in Cali. Washington, in comparison, has one of the only non-tropical rainforests in existence.

As far as "superficial" goes, I was commenting on how you only listed leisure activities that seem to involve groups of people. You didn't mention that there is plenty of shit to do here in western Washington.
Mainly I meant your reasons were superficial or shallow because you didn't take into account things like cost of living, job availability and wages, and the general stress of living in a place. All things your average angst-filled high school student would fail to realize.

However, that having been said: To each their own.
Your reason for wanting to live in a place may be part of the reason why I wouldn't, and vice versa. I avoid cities, whereas you seem to be centered on the city-dweller's way of life.

So....you're wrong.

As am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment