May 14, 2002

half way home I turned off my radio to see if I could hear it.
I should explain :

on friday we had Michael David Rigney with us.
however, he was not with us.

And he asked me very clearly :

Do you hear that?


I asked him, in response :

Hear what, Mike?


my emphasis on " what " - and mentioning his name were obvious tells of my concern, but I do not think he picked up on them. Or anything else, for that matter.

He responded with : Exactly.

And that got me to thinking.

About how I use to be, before I got a job.
Before I started caring.

When I would ask people things like that.
and answer them.
because it made all the difference.
people, in general, just couldnt see.
or hear. they were oblivious to things that I could see.

and here mike was, playing my own game against me.

So I turned off the radio.
and listened, really listened - to see if it was still there.
To see if I could still hear it.
To see if I still had ears where others had none.

I dont know if I found my answer.
and if I did...

I dont remember what the question was.

No comments:

Post a Comment