December 30, 2003

[Correction]

So Jimmy pointed out to me that it was actually Steve-o that first brought up the whole topic of a naked Steve and Andy, so my apologies to Bonnie and James...

... though i still imagine that 1) the army would warp anybody's line of thought given enough time, and 2) James didn't mind thinking of naked Andy and Steve.

That being that, I was thinking of top-five lists of things because I got into a conversation of top five Sci-fi movies with Jimmy and so that has been etched into my mind for some time. So that being that... I decided to make a top five list of inventions that have changed man:

  • Top Invention Number 5- "The Microscope": It changed the way science was done. In fact, really it made science. It made the general populous jump from cutting rabbits feet off for good luck to killing bacteria.
  • Top Invention Number 4- "The Wheel": Cliché but definitely true. Whoever has a car, I'd like to see you argue this one.
  • Top Invention Number 3- "The Computer": Probably the most influential invention of the previous century. They are in thousands of homes now... and if you're the Collins family, then they are practically in every room of the house. One day I'm gonna go visit and Michael will be playing Starcraft Five: The Super-Zerg Agenda in the bathroom.
  • Top Invention Number 2- "The Camera": I thought about putting the videocamera, but really that's just an extention of the camera. Picture takin' rocks... and everyone does it. And there's something about looking at a picture that's fifteen years old of stuff you just don't remember. Pictures carry weight.
  • Top Invention Number 1- "The Telephone": I think, personally, it's the best invention. Or at least the most influential. You can talk to people hundreds and thousands of miles away. We can talk to people in space. I can call James and say, "pick me up from the busstop bitch", and he'll say, "tza!". Don't you see!? Wonderful.

Meh, I must be bored. Only people who are bored or psychotic make top five lists. Just look at High Fidelity.

I'm done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment