October 23, 2003

[Triumphant Returns]

I am back. I would go into a fanfare about the why's I've been gone and all that... but none of you care...

so yeah.

And for my return I have decided to talk about something regarding returns.

- The New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -

Now as I'm sure some of you are all familiar with by now... there is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon on Fox. I have decided to wait until now to really talk about it, so that I could see all the episodes of the first season and write my review of it, and compare it to the old.

First off, to those who say that it sucks and is nothing compared to the original, you're retarded.

That's right... you're retarded. And I have a degree... so if i say you're retarded, YOU'RE RETARDED. Live with it.

In many ways, the new one is quite similar to the old one. First off, of course, there are four turtles. The same four, with the same weapons and with the same colors. The still have April and Casey Jones as their friends, and Master Splinter still is the old teacher/rat.

It begins to change a little with Splinter never having been a human, but always a rat. Kinda like the movie. April isn't a newsreporter, but some scientist's intern. Casey is still the psycho in the hockey mask.

Perhaps the best change though is the attitude shifts. Mike and Don are still the same for the most part, maybe a little more polarized, but Raph and Leo are different from the old cartoon. The old cartoon had Raph being more sarcastic than badass. Leo was the whiny apple-polishing leader.

Now Raph is a badass like we all remember him from the Movie. Leo is still leader and still the whole teacher's pet, but he's also got more of an edge and he's also less whiny.

Really, that's why we all hated him when we watched the old TMNT. Leo was a bitch. He was. End of story. I liked him, but that was only cause i liked the whole leadership thing... I still liked Raph better.

Oh, and Shreddar. Shreddar isn't a little pansy anymore.

The bad stuff. No Bebop and Rocksteady, no Krang... and No Technodrome.

It's almost not turtles without those three elements. Especially the Technodrome. When the toys were out, I always wanted a Technodrome.

Anyway... all that stuff aside, I'd say that this Turtles Remake is just as good as the original, if different...

and that's my review of that.

Next time, I'll review the Hulk movie... or Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle... if i can stomach sitting through the entire thing. I doubt i will.

No comments:

Post a Comment