October 27, 2003

I wake up and its one o clock in the afternoon. I figure now is a good time to take a shower. Before I get up I move over and push the mouse, turning on the monitor to this computer. I read the board. First post, " I might be going out on a limb here " -- I figure it's jimmoi catching up on the TMNT occurance. I am right. I am aslo disturbed. He mentioned "The professional" - but not only that, he gave it "Leon : The professional" - and capitalized " Professional " - Im in shock. I get ready to post " OH JESUS H. CHRIST I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY THAT MOVIE IS POSTED ON THE BOARD. " - but then think better to myself : if I don't get in the shower soon, I never will.

I get up and slowly walk to the bathroom. On the way there I am reminded of the previous night, in the hallway. My father turns around to me and says : " If you dont get a job by November, Im kicking you out. " - I say ok and continue walking into the room. I check the calendar : November, 5-6 days away. Laughable. It's almost like a full 360 - back where I started again a couple of years ago.

I finally make it to the bathroom and close the door behind me. Dog looks at me on the other side of the door. I strip off my clothes and look at myself in the bathroom mirror. "Look at yourself James." I think to myself, "You need to shave. And look at your hair! Cut your fuckin' hair! You look like a bum!" - but I ignore it. I turn on the water to full-blast hot. Im looking to burn the thoughts out of my head this morning. But there is no hot water. I guess other people in the house must have used it up. Oh well. I turn it all the way to the opposite end - cold. One extreme or the other will do.

It is sort of a precursor to how my day will turn out. Cold. Waking up to take a cold shower really puts the world into perspective. As I was washing my hair I got to think about the movie : " About Shmidt " and a particular part where, [spoiler] after his wife dies [/spoiler] he turns into a slovenly old man. There is one particular moment where he sits on a chair and his monologue goes something like : " Life is short and I'm going to make the most of it I can." - the sceen goes black and says "three months later" or other some such nonesense. Thats where I am in my life. The faded-to-black screen which denotes a lot of time is passing. The screen equivilant of " . . . "

The showering ends. I put on a towel. I walk in here and write this out. And then I recall what I was initially going to post :

OH JESUS H. CHRIST I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY THAT MOVIE IS POSTED ON THE BOARD. Not only was "Leon: The professional" a terrible movie - but it was another one of those cheesey ass motherfuckin' LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES!~!~!! bullshit films which takes yet another askew angle on the ever-loving Lolita complex. That movie made me cry.

And then I read the next post Drew posts " hey whats everyone up to? " - so I figured I'd fill him in :

PEOPLE UPDATE - " where are they now? "

Jeff
up in seattle still, working at some job or another, has still not made VCDs

Jimmoi
lives in alaska, works for the gov't, "drinking, dating strippers, and working"

Zach-o
lives in some midwest bumfuck state, works for some 'keep the dumbfucks in check' place, still gay

Heather
lives with aaron/anthony in puyallup, works by handing out pills to people, still crazy

Andy
lives with parents still, works at the mall, shoplifting the poonanny of some single mother

Bradbury
still lives where he lives, works for the school district, I've gotta get my MSI cd from him

Steven
lives in tacoma, works for fred meyer, plays old online game called "The Realm"

Aaron
lives with heather/anthony, works for pizza hut/best buy, wanting to quit pizza hut
" real badly "

Michael C.
lives with parents still, does not go to school, goes to a lot of lan parties

Mike Rigney
lives whe wants like a bum, lastly known to be a 'middle man' selling drugs, a large dissapointment

Mr. R and Napster
whereabouts unknown, i believe they both work for fred meyer, I can spell the word "soup"

Andrew Davis
whereabouts unknown, still works for the gov't, comes by from time to time and says
"WHOA, whats up?"

Breanna and Justin
still living with eachother in a house that breanna inherited, justin works for a light company, no news

Jesse
living down southeast, goes to school for something, smokes weed and listens to mellow music like a hippie


I think thats everyone.
As for me - Im patiently waiting for something to motivate me to do something.
oh, and if you check the tagboard you'll notice that everyone is enjoying the fact that I have a middle name.

yeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment