August 16, 2004

So when I moved to Florida I was like "So man, what are hurricanes like?" and my associate looked at me not really saying much but "rainy, windy--we don't really get much in Orlando as for Hurricanes." So he left it at that and I didn't really question it until we started getting some really wicked rain storm a month ago--rain storms where the sky turns black around 4pm.

Wednesday I found out, hey a Hurricane is on it's way--EXCELLENT! I'm down. Unfortunately at the last second it turns it's eye on Orlando--the first time in 44 years. SAWEET! A CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE COMING MY WAY! I was so stoked I nearly shit myself.


Pre hurricane--nothing much, just rain overflowing from the gutters.


the beast was tied up to the fence: hopefully that'll hold it.


After an inch of water fell from the sky in less than 30 minutes, flooding commensed.

INSERT THREE HOURS OF NINETY MILE PER HOUR WINDS WITH 115 MILE PER HOUR GUSTS!


Insert roof being blown off buildings.


Insert the church loosing it's penis through the roof.


Fallen billboard #1042


Dont' you love the way the trees rip out of the ground and tear apart fences while breaking concrete sidewalks? Oh yeah, it gets me hot and bothered.


Fallen trees #301, 302, 303, 304, 305


No one's getting into Taco Bell anytime soon el oh el.

So, after my run with Hurricane Charley, I decided that I'm not much a fan of these weather terrorists. 18 more months in this place...

No comments:

Post a Comment