June 08, 2004

I'm not sure the board coming to an end is that much of a tragedy. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great times here, but when you look at it, no matter how desperately we post here about whatever is pissing us off lately, it's not going to be the same.

That's why I decided to start having everyone I could get together over on a friday night. Back in the day, the core group was pretty much Jimmy, James, and Jeff. There were those of us who were pretty consistently around that core group, including Me, Zach, Bradbury, Steve, and Andy... but look at the situation now.

Jimmy is off in airforce land, fighting for Uncle Sam or what not, and despite the fact that we'll always have a place in our hearts for a goofy asian who smells like wet catfood, he's not around as much as he used to be. Jeff is busy with a real job and a real life, and when was the last time this place was lit up by a real good post war between James and Jeff like we used to have. Zach is off in the midwest, Andy and Mike turned into pathetic losers... Who knows what happened to Drew, and Jesse is off in Florida. So that pretty much leaves me, Bradbury, James, and Steven as what I will call the "next gen core group"... heheh...

So, regardless of whether slugs moves on, I've had a good time associated with this board, and when you think about it really, James has shown more dedication to this than he has to just about anything else in his whole life. Anyway, if the time for Slugs is over, I'm going to accept it... mostly by making sure to get really drunk every friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment