September 09, 2003

I don't really have a lot to say on the subject. However, my mom is a teacher. I know she'd still teach even if she got paid less because that's how passionate she is about it. I also know that most of her paycheck goes back to the students in the form of supplies, etc. or back to student loans.However, just because my mom is afforded that luxury of having the choice to work for little money due to my dad, doesn't mean all teachers are. Also, can anyone say they wouldn't want to get paid more reguardless of what their job is?

Aaron is right. The world needs teachers. I'd take that one step further and say that the world needs GOOD teachers who have an education, who know what they are talking about and who are passionate about what they teach. You know...I suppose it's hard to be too passionate about something when you're starving becuase you don't get paid enough to pay off your student loans AND eat...and hey, look...all your medical benefits just got taken away and oh no...now you have pneumonia but you can't take off work because you don't have any sick days left...I guess that would kind of m ake it hard to teach when you're coughing up green goo every 5 seconds. You're right, Inverse Enigma, being a teacher is a shitty job. So why not make it better, and if not better, quit taking away what they already have. It's not an easy job, either. I can almost guarantee you couldn't last a day in an 8th grade classroom full of kids with ADD who have just come down off their medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment